Christmas Decorations Themes. Wholesale Quinceanera Decorations.
Christmas Decorations Themes
- A Christmas decoration is any of several types of decorations used at Christmastime. The traditional colours of Christmas are pine green (evergreen), snow white, and heart red. Blue and white are often used to represent winter, or sometimes Hanukkah, which occurs around the same time.
- The subject of a talk, a piece of writing, a person's thoughts, or an exhibition; a topic
- An idea that recurs in or pervades a work of art or literature
- (theme) provide with a particular theme or motive; "the restaurant often themes its menus"
- (theme) subject: the subject matter of a conversation or discussion; "he didn't want to discuss that subject"; "it was a very sensitive topic"; "his letters were always on the theme of love"
- The first major constituent of a clause, indicating the subject-matter, typically being the subject but optionally other constituents, as in “poor he is not.”
- (theme) a unifying idea that is a recurrent element in literary or artistic work; "it was the usual `boy gets girl' theme"
miss claus and felfs
I am spending all free time making christmas decorations lately. Our theme this year is "toymaking elves." These guys look like they are taking a break at the moment. Definitely want way more colors than just red and green. I stripped out a lot of the color for halloween and am ready for POP colors. The sky has been bright blue all month so it seems fitting.
I am really itching to decorate our 'new' space. We moved in right after christmas last year so I barely decorated at all in '09.
the two pose dolls in the back are just wearing blythe clothes and quickie elf hats and shoes.
Disney Decoration at Niu Ze Xui, Ara Damansara
Disney Decoration at Niu Ze Xui, Ara Damansara
This is the gate at one of the entrance of NiuZeXui. The Theme is in blue color.
From now onwards till 15 Jan 2009, the decoration will have a theme for Christmas and New Year. While later they will change it to suit Chinese New Year.
airplane bathroom decor
victorian nursery decor
seaside home decorating
decorating the nursery ideas
decorate easter basket
table top decorations
small living room decor
Decorating A Small Entryway. Room Decor Paint. Funny Bathroom Decor.
Decorating A Small Entryway
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- An opening or hallway allowing entry into a structure
- entrance: something that provides access (to get in or get out); "they waited at the entrance to the garden"; "beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral"
- A way in to somewhere or something; an entrance
- An entryway is a hall that is generally located at the front entrance of a house. An entryway often has a coat closet, and usually has linoleum or tile flooring rather than carpet, making it an easy-to-clean transition space between the outdoor and indoor areas.
- Small items of clothing, esp. underwear
- the slender part of the back
- limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a little dining room"; "a little house"; "a small car"; "a little (or small) group"
Shabby Vintage Metal Crystal CHANDELIER electric antique white FRENCH COUNTRY Chic 42" NEW
Add a functional and beautiful bit of understated elegance to just about any room in your home. This wonderful chandelier is brand new, with the antiqued white color finish that complements any decor theme. Chandeliers are the NEW decorating rage and not just for the dining room or entryway any longer. Perfect in the living room, bedroom or a dark corner. Why not treat yourself and hang it in your bathroom? A fantastic housewarming or wedding shower gift. Ready to be installed, flush mount or hanging. Measures 42-7/8" high, from the metal base to the bottom crystal. Approximately 21" across. Takes four 25 watt, type B or smaller replacement bulbs (not included.) High quality, all metal construction. Acrylic crystals. Includes a plug that can easily converted to hard wire.
Benevolent And Protective Order Of Elks
Benevolent And Protective Order Of Elks (New Life Fellowship Church), Queens Boulevard, Elmhurst, Queens
The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, Lodge Number 878, located in Elmhurst, Queens, was built in 1923-24 to the designs of the architectural firm, the Ballinger Company. The neoclassical style building is modeled on the Italian Renaissance palazzo type and is clad in brick, limestone, and granite. The Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks is a fraternal organization founded in New York in 1868 by a group of professional entertainers and actors. The structure, which contains a series of recreational and social spaces, was considered one of the largest and best-equipped fraternal homes in the country, and one of Queen's most handsome buildings at the time of its completion. The building was prominently featured in an article about the design of fraternal buildings that appeared in the Architectural Forum in 1926. The freestanding building is distinguished by a full-width front terrace, an ornate entryway, carved keystones with lions' heads, festooned panels, and a prominent cornice. A large bronze statue of an elk, based on the prototype statue designed for the club by the noted sculptor, Eli Harvey, is located on the front terrace. The lodge, one of most prominent buildings in Elmhurst and along Queens Boulevard, remains remarkably intact.
The Elks Club building, three stories with a raised basement and a fenestrated attic level, consists of a granite base, limestone first-story facade, and brick upper facade with carved limestone ornament. The building's main facade, facing north towards Queens Boulevard, is five bays wide. It has a full-width granite terrace reached from the boulevard via a flight of granite steps with non-historic wrought-iron railings. A granite pedestal at the center of the staircase contains a sculpted bronze elk. The base of the terrace has regularly-spaced windows with historic wrought-iron grilles. The terrace has a concrete deck, which is enclosed by limestone balustrades. The terrace and stairs are surrounded by small lawns.
The main entry way, located in the center bay of the rusticated first-story facade, is reached by way of the front steps and the terrace. The entryway consists of a round-arched opening with an ornately-carved, oversized keystone, flanked by unusual banded and fluted Doric half-columns. It is surmounted by a molded hood, featuring brackets, metopes, guttae, and a carved frieze with incised lettering. The entryway contains two historic, paneled wood-and-glass doors decorated with rosettes, and surmounted by a denticulated wood lintel and curved transom. Non-historic lighting has been installed in the soffit.
Four segmentally-arched, secondary entryways lead from the terrace to the first-floor interior. The entryways feature paired, historic paneled wood-and-glass doors (the easternmost and westernmost pairs have been modified), molded architraves, divided-light transoms, and carved keystones with lions' heads. The first-story is topped by a decorative crown featuring carved rosettes and floral ornamentation. Non-historic metal wire channels and lighting have been installed at the upper part of the first-story facade.
The second-story fenestration features balusters, eared architraves, and segmental pediments. The easternmost bay retains the historic wood casements
and divided transom, while the remaining bays have paired, non-historic, one-over-one metal sash with historic, divided wood-and-glass transoms. The third-story fenestration has bracketed sills, eared architraves, scrolled keystones, and non-historic, one-over-one metal sash. Carved limestone panels, decorated with swags, are located above the third-story windows. The center panel features a bronze and glass clock with flanking ums and foliation. The attic story features windows alternating with elaborately-carved panels. The windows contain non-historic, one-over-one metal sash, although the easternmost bay retains the historic two-over-one wood sash. The facade is topped by a prominent cornice featuring brackets, dentils, and egg-and-dart moldings.
The west facade, facing Simonson Street, is seven bays and features similar ornament to the main facade. The west facade has a granite basement containing windows with historic wrought-iron grilles. The first-story windows have bracketed sills. The three southernmost window openings of the first story contain grouped fenestration with non-historic, one-over-one metal sash; other bays have paired, non-historic, one-over-one metal sash, while the northernmost bay is a blind window. The second-story fenestration of the west facade has historic wood casements in some of the windows and paired, non-historic, one-over-one metal sash in the others. All these windows retain their historic wood-framed transoms. The third-story fenestration of the west facade has paired, non-historic, one-over-one metal sash in some bays and historic wood-and-sta
Former Aberdeen Hotel (now Best Western Manhattan)
Tenderloin District, Manhattan
The Aberdeen Hotel was built in 1902-04 as an apartment hotel to the designs of architect Harry B. Mulliken for the Old Colony Company, a real estate development firm. At that time, the Herald Square area was a center of entertainment with theaters, restaurants, clubs, and hotels, as well as a maj or transportation hub, while Fifth Avenue in the Thirties was developing as a major shopping district. In 1912, the hotel's suites were subdivided and it began to accept transient guests; during the 1920s, the Aberdeen became one of the first hotels in the city to admit women travelers unaccompanied by men without subjecting them to strict rules.
The brick and limestone structure is a significant example of an ornate, early-twentieth-century, Beaux-arts style apartment hotel building. Notable features include the rusticated stone base, the elaborate sculptural entryway with oversized Atlantes, the projecting central bay of windows with decorative metal spandrel panels, and the broken pediment that surmounts the central bay at the tenth story. The exterior of the hotel remains largely intact. It is now the Best Western Manhattan Hotel.
In late 1901, J.R. Todd, Henry Clay Irons, and Willard Barse incorporated the Old Colony Company, a real estate development firm, with a capitalization of $100,000. On June 3, 1902, Old Colony acquired three lots with masonry houses on West 32nd Street between Fifth Avenue and Broadway from the Alliance Realty Company. In August, architect Harry B. Mulliken filed an application on behalf of the Old Colony Company with the New York City Department of Buildings to construct a twelve-story hotel on the site.
Old Colony's decision to develop its newly-acquired parcel on West 32nd Street as an apartment hotel made economic sense. With Herald Square an entertainment center and its importance as a transportation hub increasing with the proposed Pennsylvania Station, even more people would be going to the area's theaters, restaurants, and hotels. The trade magazine, Aew FcTr Hotel Record reported in April 1903 that the Old Colony Company has secured financing for its hotel project from the Alliance Realty Company and the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company for $207,130 and $400,000, respectively. Construction of the hotel began on May 3, 1903. The 154-room hotel was finished on September 15, 1904. Afterwards the Old Colony Company leased the building to the Thirty-Second Street Hotel Company, which managed the hotel for the next several years.
In the 1920s, the Aberdeen became one of a growing number of transient hotels to admit women travelers unaccompanied by men without subjecting them to strict rules. Most hotels at the time refused to register women arriving alone during nighttime hours, and did not permit registered single female guests to return to the hotel after dark.
Some hotels restricted single women to particular floors only. A number of hotels, such as the Martha Washington (29 East 29th Street) and the Allerton House (130 East 57th Street, now an office building), were open to women only and kept them under even closer supervision. ^ider's New Fork (1923) listed the Aberdeen as a small hotel "catering to the traveler of moderate means, especially women traveling alone."
According to ^dar's, only the Aberdeen, the Great Northern Hotel, at 118 West 57th Street, and the Hotel Willard, at 252 West 76th Street treated men and women as equals.
The exterior of the Aberdeen Hotel has remained largely intact. The building's original stoop was replaced with a smaller one in 1914, storefronts were installed on the first floor in 1933, and the cornice was altered prior to 1938. Additional interior alterations took place in 1938-41 and 1953. Since 1978, the hotel has been owned and operated by the Apple Core chain and its affiliates. Apple Core licensed the Best Western name in 1995 and the hotel has been operated as the Best Western Manhattan since that time.
The limestone and brick, Beaux-arts style Aberdeen Hotel has five bays and twelve stories, including a three-story base, a seven-story central section, and a two-story crown. The utilitarian west elevation and light court are partially visible.
The first two stories of the three-story base are faced with banded limestone, while the third story has alternating bands of brick and limestone, and is topped by a wide, convex molding. An elaborate three-story, central portico features a recessed, two-story segmental arch with surmounting cartouche and festoons, containing the main entryway and a window at the second story. The portico consists of figurine brackets, banded and vermiculated columns, Ionic orders decorated with foliation, and scrolled consoles, which support an elaborate, undulating balcony at the third-story.
The balcony features a paneled soffit,
festoons, scrolled brackets, paneled corner pedestals, historic doors and sash, and an attached, non-historic
decorating a small entryway
Dimension: 48"W x 11.5"D x 16.5"H
Material: Laminated Composite Woods
Entryway Cubbie Shelf Coat Hanger in White Finish
This practical storage design is well suited for any front hallway, mudroom or home office.
The three storage compartments are ideal for hats, gloves and schoolbooks while four large hooks accommodate coats & jackets.
Comes with our easy to install, two-piece hanging rail system and is an ideal companion piece for the Cubbie Bench.
Constructed from a combination of high quality, laminated composite woods with an attractively profiled MDF top.
Matching cubbie bench is sold separately.
Also available in Black, Maple and Espresso finish.
lighthouse yard decorations
first birthday high chair decorations
sunflower bathroom decor
decorating with metal
discount garden decor
decorative bath mats